What information do we collect about you?
1. Information you give to us
We may collect information from you when you buy or use our products or services or sign up to the Essence Yachts newsletters or other subscription services, interact with us on social media platforms, contact us, make a complaint or use our website.
The categories of personal information we may request include your name, contact information (email, postal address and phone/mobile number) and general information about you such as your experience with Essence Yachts products and services. We may also keep copies of any correspondence you send us which may include personal information.
2. Information collected by automated means
We also obtain some of your personal information by automated means when you visit our website, such as the IP address of the device you use to connect to the internet, the geographical location of your device, the browser you are using, the URL you came from and the web pages you access.
3. Information collected from third parties
We may request information about you from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies to assist us in the provision of our goods and services to you. We may also occasionally receive personal information about you from third parties who may lawfully pass this information to us.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- identify you when you contact us;
- detect and prevent fraud and money laundering;
- provide you with the products and services you have requested
- to write to your regarding your vessel or any other products you may have with us;
- carry out surveys, research, analysis and customer profiling;
- maintain internal records;
- answer your technical queries and general enquiries;
- resolve complaints;
- process orders;
- recover debts and
- send you newsletters and marketing information about our products and services.
We may contact you by post, telephone, fax, email and/or SMS, unless you have told us not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services. We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you have provided your prior consent for us to do so or you have otherwise approached us indicating a request for such information.
How to contact us
Version 1 June 2017